Wednesday, January 14, 2015

put down the phone sis

"assalamualaikum sister"
"waalaikumussalam"
"are you a hafizah?"

"come again sister?"

"you look like a hafizah. are you a hafizah?"
"allahuakbar. no no I'm not." (tersipu malu)
"oh really? because you looked like one."

doors opened.

"oh well. assamualaikum sister" plus the smile. walks out of the train.
"waalailaikumussalam" smiling to myself -.-'

doors closed.

how I was amazed.
not because I was amazed that she thought I was a hafizah, (well of course, that too!) but I was amazed how that sister, who was sitting next to me throughout the 15-minutes-journey in that train whom I didn't even looked at her because I was so busy looking at my phone, reading news I think. she managed to start a conversation that gave a beautiful knock to my heart. how she smiled, how she addressed me and how the conversation was about al-qur'an. it was amazing to experience that moment. no, I am not being dramatic, it's true. because this actually happened almost a year ago, and I can still remember the scene so vividly, so I decided to write about it ;)

***

attitude that came out from the beauty of iman.

beautiful akhlak.
matinul khuluq.

a result of tarbiyyah.

and have we not claimed we are the people of tarbiyyah?
and yet, what is the result of our tarbiyyah?

T.T

a good start for 2015 isn't it?
a reflection, a muhasabah, to what have we changed within ourselves throughout the last 12 months Allah has given us?

knock knock dear iman, how are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment